Today, I bring you...the Dake Veggie Chili recipe! We adapted this from a mixture of chili recipes and are quite satisfied with this product. So, try it & enjoy. Warning though: you must love beans :)
-10-12 tomatoes (diced) OR 2 28 oz. cans of diced tomatoes
-4 to 5 bell peppers (a variety is best!)
-3 tbls tomato paste
-5 15 oz. cans of assorted beans
-garlic salt, salt, cumin & cayenne
1. Heat/saute onion & pepper until soft (5-8 minutes)
2. Add tomato paste & spices (we like spices! we add lots! this is up to your discretion though...)
3. Add tomatoes (if canned, add juice), beans & 1 cup of water
4. Bring to a boil and simmer on low heat for 12-15 minutes
5. Add more spice to taste!
6. EAAAAT (it's great with tortilla or pita chips!)
This makes 8-10 servings, depending on how much you eat (ha). And, you can freeze some for later!
It's almost Christmas, Chicago is a delightful little Christmas EP from my dear friends Jon & Valerie (of Milano!). Please take a listen and/or buy! They are beautiful souls.