1.27.2011

honesty.

Sorry about being away for a couple of days.  Sometimes you just need that, you know?  I find that with this blog I go through regular feelings of excitement and disheartenment.  One day I will find a plethora of things that I can't wait to share and then when the day comes where all of those things have been shared, I feel a terrible pressure to be inspired.  As much as I like the idea of communicating through this regularly, I don't want to be a designer that essentially gets paid to update!  I have no idea how the folks that DO do this are so consistently inspired (and really, I already waste much more time than I should going from window to window finding new things that I like...I don't want to do that all the time just so that I can have something to say or share!).  Don't get me wrong, I don't think there is any problem with posting something wonderful everyday and getting paid to do it---but for now, it's just not for me.  

Well, the point of my rambling is that I want this to be a thing that feels good.  A thing that I am excited about and not discouraged by!  And even though I know how much more fun it is to click on a page in my bookmark bar and see a brand new post, I hope that you'll be along for the ride here, whatever it is and whatever it looks like :)

Despite my lack of posts about 'homeseed' things and work...I am actually working on some things!  Those things include...a save-the-date and invitation suite for a wonderful couple (that I really really like and can't wait to share...in, September ;D), a valentine FREEBIE for YOU! (thank Valerie), and some invitation/stationery templates!!  I am also feeling quite close to being able to make a BIG purchase.  A camera :)  So, that brings all kinds of excitement to my heart and little business.  That means I'm getting much closer to being able to list things in my etsy shop!  Woo!

There are good things on the way, they just might be a while.

Enough from me, here are a couple of things to share:

The 2011 brownie bags from twig & thistle are done!  They are the same as last years but with the correct year ;)

This brand new online magazine is super neat!  There is an interview of Rifle Paper Co.'s Anna Bond and her husband Nathan.  So sweet:

No comments:

Post a Comment