2.24.2011

san francisco's on my mind.

Well, I think that a vacation is on the horizon for the Dake's!!  I sort of can't stop thinking about it actually...I am really hoping to be able to purchase my camera before then (I'm waiting on a Staples coupon) but I have hope that I will be able to.  We are planning to head to San Fran in May.  We'll take the train out (through Denver!!) and fly back.

San Francisco holds a lot of meaning to me.  I spent winter there in 2008 for my second internship (we had to do 6 in school!) and sort of entered into a new season of life in that time.  It was also right before I met Daniel.  I grew in understanding of things about myself that I couldn't see, and learned a lot about what I liked and didn't like about the woman I was becoming.  I think that I am going through that in a similar (but different) way, again today.  I am in a sort of discovering season/stage again.  It's exciting.  It hasn't been exciting, but right now, it is exciting.

Our very dear friend Mike is out there, and we can't wait to see him and spend some quality time with him.

Also, Dan has never been out there!!  So, I've been thinking a lot already about places I'd like to take him, certain things I'd like to show him.  Oh, how fun it can be to reminisce!  
Here are some photos from my time there in '08:





No comments:

Post a Comment