10.19.2010

thinking of & listening to: cincinnati & the happy maladies.

Lately, I have been missing Cincinnati more.  My husband and I moved to Chicago just 3 and a half months ago.  We have some very dear friends there and we think the city itself is quite a gem.  It is strange to think that relationships continue on without you...that get togethers happen, people get engaged, stories are formed, and music is made...all without you.  It is good, but it is certainly difficult.  5 years is the longest I had stayed in a place since Florida-which seems so far away!  My life has looked a little like this: born in Florida (9 years), moved to Shanghai, China (2.5 years), moved to Florida (0.5 years), moved to Hong Kong (2 years), moved to Columbus, Ohio (4 years), moved to Cincinnati, Ohio (5 years).  Now I (which has become a "we") live in Chicago!

Well, this all goes to say that we are excited about our new location/city/friends/home, but we greatly miss our old location/city/friends/home.

This is my list of things to see, eat, or visit if you're ever in the 'Nati...

food:
krishna---my favorite indian place.
melt---yum.  clean.  fresh.  good for you.
chalk---okay, I know it's actually in Covington, KY, but we always kind of merge the two anyway!
cilantro---delicious vietnamese.
thai express---my favorite pad thai, and the holy basil is really good too!
coffee & treats:
corner bloc coffee---friends & delicious coffee (best in town!)
rohs street cafe---also friends & delicious coffee.  a great music venue too :)
take the cake---they made our wedding cake!
shops/concepts/neat happenings:
park & vine---pro-biking!  pro-local goods!
mica---neat design store.
artworks---I believe in what they do with the arts.
musicnow festival---one of the most special things I have ever attended...Bryce Dessner is a genius (I went in '07 & '10!).


(photo by David DeWitt)

Last but not least is Cincinnati based band The Happy Maladies.  I just found this little treat on facebook (a new single!).  Enjoy listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment