4.22.2011

making all things new.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.
The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
2 Corinthians 5:17

I am thinking of Easter today.  I am thinking of sacrifice.  I am thinking of spring time.
I am thinking of eternal spring time.  I am thinking of my Lord and his gift to you and I.

pretty silhouettes.

A spring time thought I loved from Jane Eyre:

"Spring drew on; she was, indeed, already come; the frosts of winter had ceased; its snows were melted; its cutting winds ameliorated.  My wretched feet, flayed and swelled to lameness by the sharp air of January, began to heal and subside under the gentler breathings of April.  The nights and mornings no longer, by their Canadian temperature, froze the very blood in our veins; we could now endure the play-hour passed in the garden. Sometimes, on a sunny day, it began even to be pleasant and genial; and a greenness grew over those brown beds, which, freshening daily, suggested the thought that Hope traversed them at night, and left each morning brighter traces of her steps."

Have a lovely weekend!!

PS...I still have not finished Jane Eyre.  Which means I haven't seen the movie!!  Argh!
PPS...the photo is from a sweet antique mall/recent trip to MI (more photos to come!!)
PPPS...I wish it felt like spring in Chicago.  Soon!!  It will come soon!

4 comments:

  1. Oh you must post my footstools! Looking forward to celebrating Easter with you at the feast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh don't you worry! the photos are a comin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post! The Lord's sacrifice for us is overwhelming. Our God is so good. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you michaela!! i found your blog through megan's yesterday and am already following :) looking forward to seeing what you come up with through school & life in general ;)

    ReplyDelete